Monday, February 20, 2012

Central Terminal

Back in the summer of '09, Ben, Natalie and I went to an event at the old New York Central Terminal in Buffalo. It was a fundraiser to generate funding to restore the old building to its former glory (a massive job after years of neglect), so there were a number of vendors and a swing band providing music. It was a great opportunity to take some pictures, which I only recently discovered on a card I hadn't previously downloaded to my computer. So here are a few of the shots I took that day (a couple were originally in black and white, and I converted the other two to make a set).

You can tell that this was a grand place in its heyday (opened in 1927, if I recall correctly), and its still fun to wander around on the rare occasions the place is open.

Here's hoping something will be going on there the next time I'm in town-- I'm kind of curious to see if they've made much progress on the restoration.

No comments: