Saturday, March 5, 2011

Pardon Me...

... while I brag a little bit. I just won my 500th consecutive game of Freecell. I think my previous long streak was 42, so I'm obviously getting better. Actually, to be perfectly honest, I have to admit that's not entirely true. The version of the game on my computer allows me to backup multiple moves when I run into a dead end (as long as I don't play a card that has no followup), which wasn't possible on earlier versions. Still, some of those victories required considerable strategizing to complete, so it's definitely a sign of my stick-to-it-iveness if nothing else. I'm also currently working on a couple hundred game streak in Mahjong, though in that case I've also employed the backup feature to get out of jams. Note that these computer games I favor are the ones that have been around for, what, twenty years? I wonder what that says about my techno-literacy?

No comments: