Monday, October 29, 2012

More Yellowstone Pics

Here are a few more shots from m y recent visit to Yellowstone National park.  I know the first one looks a bit fuzzy, but that's by design.  It's a double exposure with one shot in focus and one out-- I was trying for a slightly surreal feel.

Here's a view of the geyser fields near Old Faithful just as the sun was going down behind them. 

I can't remember which river this was, but they were all so darn photogenic I spent a lot of time shooting different spots on the Madison, Firehole, Gibbon, Gallatin, not to mention the Yellowstone itself.

Another part of the geyser fields. I was trying hard to capture the steam rising off the spring, but didn't quite nail it. 

More rivers.  The shot below was shot at dusk, and the sky was looking quite cool...


1 comment:

Lil' Sis said...

Dr John,
Love the colors in this one - as well as how your eye zigs back and forth with the linear aspect of the shot- just beautiful!
Lil' Sis