Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Another Trip to Niagara Falls

I know I've posted a bunch of pictures from Niagara Falls here over the last year or so, but it really is a nice place to practice photography since there are a lot of people, lights, etc., not to mention the Falls themselves. These were all taken from the Canadian side, so they offer a slightly different perspective, and once again, I was trying to sharpen my night-time picture-taking skills.

As you can see, the Falls are illuminated with colored lights after dark, and it was a bit of a challenge to capture both the rushing waters amidst mist and reflections. The shot above may be the most successful of those I took in that regard (out of about a hundred).

This one also turned out pretty good. I know it looks like the park is deserted, but this in this case I took the picture by keeping the shutter open several seconds, which rendered the few moving people invisible.

Another timed shot captured the beams of light reflecting up off the water in this case, which I think stand in nice contrast with the lights reflected in the river below the bridge. Actually, I'm getting a bit burned out on the Falls, but I think I'll probably make at least one more trip, hopefully on a night when they shoot off fireworks so I can try to incorporate them into my shots as well.

No comments: