Thursday, February 4, 2010

Happy Birthday Nikolaus!

Holy Camoley, my nephew Nik is 7 today! On the one hand it's hard to believe that he's more than halfway to teendom, but on the other hand that he's still got six years to go. Let's just say he's bright beyond his years.

He's interested in art and science, and video games, and pretty much gets along with everyone (he has two little sisters, so maybe his record in that regard isn't exactly 100%).

He's by turns adventurous and contemplative-- a real renaissance man in the making.

It's always a good time hanging out with Nicky when I'm back home...

... and I'm sure he'd fit right in out here in the west when he gets around to visiting (look how tall in the saddle he rides already!).

I hope you have a great day Nik, with cake and presents and everything else-- I just wish I could be there to celebrate with you (but I'll see you next month, and we'll catch up then)!

No comments: