Wednesday, September 8, 2010

A Visit to Missoula

I spent Labor Day wandering around Missoula with my friend Rick. These are some pictures I took while there. Above is the tower (I think an old train station) near where Higgins Street crosses the Clark Fork.

I liked how the resting bicyclist was framed by the bridge columns as he gazes across the river. In the background is one of the newer office buildings in downtown Missoula.

This is the ticket office and entryway to the historic Wilma Theater, one of just a couple palces in all of Montana where one might catch an arthouse type movie. I wish it wasn't so far away from my house.

This stretch of shoreline along the Clark Fork is actually just a few steps away from the busy downtown district (the Wilma is just up to the right of this shot). But it sure looks like a wilderness area from this angle, no?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really liked the first picture with the wild flowers in the foreground. Lovely composition. Mom

T said...

I really like that first one too. It looks like the flowers are as big as trees (or that it is a teeny tiny building)

T

John Hajduk said...

Just a matter of composition-- the building is about a hundred yards away behind (and kind of below) where the flowers were growing.
Dr. John